2013 Annual Conference and General Assembly
from 16/10/2013 to 19/10/2013
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Africa Microfinance Network (AFMIN) and The Association of Ethiopian MicroFinance Institution (AEMFI) will organize the 12th Annual Conference and General...
Discover job opportunities available and their contactsClick here
Press Release_9th AFMIN Annual and 10th Anniversary ConferenceOctober 19, 2010
Accra, October 11, 2010 – The Africa Microfnance Network, an institution representing networks
of microfnance institutions from 22 African countries, organized its 9th Annual and 10th Anniversary
Conference in Accra, Ghana from the 5th to 8th October, 2010. The main theme of this annual confer-
ence was Access to Financial Services: Reaching the Poor and Excluded.
The overall objective of the conference was to bring together diferent stakeholders including microf-
nance practitioners, bank leaders, policy makers and development partners to recommend strategies to
boost access to fnance for low-income households in Africa.
In view of the scope and relevance of this challenge that AFMIN had set for itself in order to promote
the socio-economic development of Africa, several development partners co-sponsored this event.
Among them were the Government of Ghana, USAID, Bank of Ghana, GTZ, African Development
Bank, Making Finance Work for Africa, ACCION International, Oikocredit, Catholic Relief Services, Ingenico, Craft Silicon, the SMART Campaign, DFID-UK, UNDP Ghana MSME Project, Export Development and Investment Fund, Microcredit Summit Campaign, Merchant Bank, Opportunity International and Unicredit.
The annual conference brought together more than 300 participants from 41 countries, representatives of ministers and ministries in charge of microfnance and small and microenterprise promotion,
Central Banks, executive directors of microfnance networks, microfnance institutions and international organizations.
Click "HERE" to Download the full version
- Press release : 1st African Microfinance Week in Tanzania
- 1st African Microfinance Week : Registrations are open!
- Press Release : 2013 AFMIN Annual Conference and General Assembly
- Moody’s Analytics, AFMIN Form Strategic Alliance on Social Performance Assessments for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Ivory Coast: IDB ready to invest €9 million for the development of microfinance
- New Insights into the Financial Behaviour of Men and Women in Six African Countries
- Cameroon: A new national strategy to consolidate microfinance
- Microinsurance in Africa: Dramatic growth but still challenges ahead!
- The Central Bank of Congo upgrades its risk assessment software
- Uganda's insurance authority adopts risk-based supervision